Job Title: Staff Software Engineer
Reports to: Senior Director, Engineering
FLSA Class: Exempt
Introduction to Job Post:
Takara Bio USA is looking for a highly skilled, creative, and self-motivated individual to play a key role in the design and development of data analysis and instrument control software. In this position, you work in collaboration with the engineering, molecular biology and marketing teams to implement software requirements for new instrumentation systems.
The Staff Software Engineer role is office-based.
- In collaboration with other engineers, develop, deploy and test software and firmware to support the various components of Takara Bio’s instrumentation systems.
- Document software designs and implementations.
- Contribute to the development of product specifications by interpreting the product requirements.
- Develop and execute plans to test Takara Bio’s software.
- Generate test data to support Engineering Change Notices and release of new and upgraded software.
- Adhere to the procedures to support the company’s compliance to industry standards such as the ISO 13485 standard.
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Education/Certification, Experience, and Competencies:
- MS in Computer Science.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant industry experience, or Ph.D. in Computer Science or closely related field.
- Prior experience in developing software for instrumentation—including development of prototypes.
- Experience developing instrumentation for biotechnology applications will be a plus.
- Understanding of computer science principles, including OOP.
- Experience with product development life cycle processes is a plus.
- Experience in a regulatory environment is a plus.
- Experience in all of the following is required:
- Coding of script interpreters.
- Motion control experience.
- Experience coding Windows Forms applications.
- Experience implementing control/feedback loops.
- Design of algorithms for thermal and optical data processing.
- Excellent C# programming skills, including coding of multi-threaded applications.
- Object oriented programming in a Windows environment.
- Visual Studio IDE.
- Installers, specifically MSi.
- Multi-project solutions with different DLL’s.
- Automated build systems and scripting.
- Understanding of statistics is a plus.
- Experience with standard electrical bench test tools (DVM’s, Oscilloscopes, Bench Supplies) is a plus.
Takara Bio USA, Inc. does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.