Job Title: Staff Software Engineer (qPCR)
Reports to: Senior Director, Engineering
FLSA Class: Exempt
Introduction to Job Post:
Takara Bio USA (TBUSA) is looking for a highly skilled, creative, and self-motivated individual to play a key role in the design and development of software. The Staff Software Engineer is a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of their area of specialization that resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways. In this position, you work in collaboration with the engineering, molecular biology and marketing teams to implement software for new and existing instrumentation systems.
The Staff Software Engineer role is office-based.
- In collaboration with other engineers, develop, deploy and test engineering solutions to support the various components of TBUSA’s instrumentation systems.
- Document engineering designs and implementations.
- Develop and execute plans to test TBUSA’s designs.
- Generate test data to support Engineering Change Notices and release of new and upgraded designs.
- Adhere to the procedures to support the company’s compliance to industry standards such as the ISO 13485 standard.
- Support the generation of IP.
- Contribute to the refinement of the product specifications.
- Implement the product specifications.
- Work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of multiple factors.
- Demonstrate good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Select the appropriate metrics to evaluate the performance of a technical approach/solution.
- Manage medium size projects.
- May provide guidance to technicians.
- Follow standard engineering processes such as ECN and document control and recognize situations in which a particular process should be used.
- Clearly document and present the results of the designs and investigations.
- Network with internal personnel.
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Education/Certification, Experience, and Competencies:
- Requires a master’s degree and/or a minimum of 5 years of related experience.
- Prior experience in developing control software for instrumentation—including development of prototypes.
- Experience developing instrumentation for biotechnology applications will be a plus.
- Understanding of fundamental engineering concepts.
- Good communications skills.
- Experience with product development life cycle processes is a plus.
- Experience working in a regulated environment is a plus.
- Interprets general instructions on new assignments, and normally requires little guidance on day-to-day work.
- Experience/knowledge in the following may be required:
- Understanding of computer science principles, including OOP, with a focus on C#.
- Understanding of WinForms.
- Some experience in image processing.
- Motion control experience.
- Experience implementing control/feedback loops, either in hardware or software.
- Experience with development of multithreaded optical systems.
- Experience designing algorithms for thermal and optical data processing
- Object oriented programming in a Windows environment including Visual Studio IDE; Installers, specifically MSi; Multi-project solutions with different DLL’s.
- Experience automated build systems.
- Understanding of clustering techniques.
- Experience controlling stepper motors using Trinamic boards is a plus.
Takara Bio USA, Inc. does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.