The Staff Software Engineer - Bioinformatics is a senior member providing significant contributions to the architecture, design, development, and test suite for software products for biomarker discovery and analysis based on PerkinElmer’s Phenoptics platform. This position will be the primary development lead on some products. The Staff Software Engineer will serve as the primary point of contact for biostatistics and related work, and the liaison between the Quantitative Pathology development team and PerkinElmer’s Spotfire development team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates significant knowledge in overall design, development, and delivery of biomarker discovery and data analysis software solutions for QPS
- Owns the design and development of significant portions of products, or entire small products themselves.
- Primary developer for Spotfire case- and study-level tools for multiplexed biomarker analyses, primarily related to immuno-oncology and related applications
- Capable of leading junior team members in construction and maintenance of the codebase.
- Provides technical support and solutions to junior team members.
- Works with minimal supervision; uses a wide degree of creativity and latitude to solve problems