Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. Life at Illumina is about working with teammates who are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives. We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Just check out our investor events and presentations to learn about our financial accomplishments. Our growth isn’t just in financials, we’ve been busy hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its World’s Smartest Companies each of the last three years. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you. Join the journey of a lifetime. Join Illumina.
The Consumables Core Lab Manager will lead a team focused on delivering sequencing consumables, such as flow cells and cartridges, to internal customers in support of product development programs. They will manage our consumables core labs and pilot lines, driving improvements in quality and turn-around time of developmental consumables.
· Provide technical leadership for the Consumables Pilot Services team, including Research Associates, Technicians, Planner, and Materials Manager.
· Drive the vision for evolution and growth of Consumables Pilot Services to support future needs of consumables development programs.
· Analyze capacity to proactively identify needs to add space, equipment, or staff.
· Use project management tools to meet team goals.
· Work collaboratively as the primary interface with R&D, Operations, Quality, Facilities, and EH&S teams.
· Manage lab spaces and consumables pilot lines.
· Drive improvements in throughput and turn-around-time.
· Drive improvements in consumables quality, addressing variability, scrap and end-user complaints using systematic problem-solving methods.
· Establish pilot-level data tracking, process monitoring and control systems.
· Provide assistance with equipment selection and workstation design to meet product quality, throughput and cost requirements.
· Conduct clear and concise communication with colleagues and managers through oral updates and written reports.
Preferred educational background:
B.S., M.S. or Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering, Nanoengineering, Materials Engineering, or Bioengineering or closely related discipline with 5-10 years’ experience.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience supporting a high-volume manufacturing operation in a technical role is desirable.
- Experience managing a core lab desirable.
- Experience with management and development of teams of four or more staff.
- Experience with process development, improvement, scale-up and transfer to manufacturing.
- Strong data analysis skills and ability to interpret large and complex datasets.
- Good interdepartmental communication skills and ability to interact effectively across groups within a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines and to make progress with multiple project and functional priorities simultaneously.
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at 858-246-8959. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf