Staff Scientist, Production Support (Illumina RGH)
Permanent/Full Time, Cambridge UK
Industry leading remuneration package which would include annual bonus scheme, company equity, 10% pension, private medical care and more!
Illumina RGH Fulbourn is composed of over 60 employees which include scientists, software developers, informaticians, product managers, production staff, quality assurance professionals and logistics specialists. Working in an open plan office with well-equipped research laboratories and a newly expanded production facility, the site forms the core facility for RGH in Europe.
Basic Function and Scope of the Position:
This position primarily supports the RGH manufacturing function. The role-holder will be expected to collaborate with Production, Process Engineering, QC, QA, Bioinformatics and Technical Support teams to solve highly complex issues, and ultimately will become the subject matter expert for the site’s manufacturing technologies and processes.
Initially supporting the microarray manufacturing function, the post holder will lead technical investigations, resolve production problems and improve and validate production processes, technologies and automation against tight deadlines.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Operate a hands-on approach to the investigation and problem-solving of technical production issues, executing complex molecular biology protocols and analyses.
- Rigorously plan and execute experimental approaches.
- Manage prescribed bioinformatics procedures associated with manufacturing processes.
- Develop, optimise and validate production processes and procedures, including the refinement of product specifications.
- Validate new processes, technologies and instrumentation.
- Assist in the delivery of improvements in process yields and stability.
- Establish and maintain highly collaborative relationships with internal partners and stakeholders to lever knowledge, experience and resources from a wide range of functions.
- Make data- and judgement-led decisions to successfully complete projects.
- Reports project data and progress to site and senior company management.
This role would suit an innovative and process-minded scientist who enjoys meeting technical issues head-on. We are looking for a scientist who enjoys breaking down methods, protocols and procedures to really understand the underlying process. This will role will involve informatics, automation, molecular biology and quality control and will provide the post holder with an excellent opportunity to become a central part of Illumina RGH’s success in EMEA.
If you thrive on troubleshooting and technical development and want to work with one of the leading names in genomics solutions, then this role may be for you.