The Systems Integration team at the Chesterford R&D site is a multi-disciplinary group of scientist and engineers who work at the forefront of NGS technologies. Encompassing aspects of surface chemistry, optics, micro fluidics, physical chemistry, microelectronics and software, Illumina’s technology platforms require technologists that are comfortable working in a broad range of fields.
As a Staff Scientist in the Systems Integration group at Illumina you will work in a dynamic, team-oriented environment and help create genomic analysis tools used in cutting edge research. You will participate in the development of high quality, robust products through the integration of hardware, software, and chemistry components. You will also design and execute test plans and optimize system performance.
Job Duties include but are not limited to:
- Initiate, direct and execute pre-regulatory scientific research and/or development through managing a small team or individual studies
- Take a leadership role in projects and guide technical areas independently. Make decisions involving designing, performing, troubleshooting, analyzing and presenting experiments
- Manage goals within defined target timeframes and make decisions regarding the goals and progress of small project teams
- Supervision of research associates on project activities as required
- Collaborate with all functions within project teams (such as chemistry, software, engineering and manufacturing).
- Engage in the early design of products to represent Systems Integration knowledge.
- Develop test plans to validate product performance.
- Analyze data and troubleshoot issues.
- Suggest creative solutions to integration issues.
- A hands on approach to problem solving is expected
This role would suit a highly experienced technologist who has proven experience delivering innovative technologies to market (ideally in the medical device, point of care or biotechnology markets) who would like to work with a global leader. Illumina can offer a superb working environment that is fast paced and exciting coupled with the opportunity to work on the world’s leading NGS technologies.