Illumina RGH (Reproductive & Genetic Health) have an exciting opportunity to join their growing facility in Cambridgeshire!
About Illumina RGH:
Illumina RGH spearheads the drive to bring the power of genomics to the clinical, diagnostics and medical device markets to improve human reproductive and genetic health. RGH was formed at the end of 2013 as a separate Illumina business unit to aggregate technologies and products focused on these markets. The RGH site in Fulbourn, near Cambridge, is the main centre for RGH in Europe and houses our Product Development and Marketing teams with a strong focus on the development of PGD, PGS and cytogenetics technologies, and a production facility for the flagship product 24sure.
Illumina RGH Fulbourn is composed of over 60 employees who include scientists, software developers, informaticians, product managers, production staff, quality assurance professionals and logistics specialists. Working in an open plan office with well-equipped research laboratories and a newly expanded production facility, the site forms the core facility for RGH in Europe.
About the role:
Illumina RGH are seeking a highly experienced molecular biologist to lead and manages projects, resources and staff to characterize, improve and engineer the technical processes supporting the product lines of the RGH business unit. They should be a creative and innovative senior-level scientist who collaborates energetically with global teams, including development, life cycle management, marketing, and QA to implement best practice and deliver significant process improvements against tight deadlines.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Characterize, improve and mature the microarray manufacturing processes of the RGH business unit, delivering significant improvements in process yields and stability
- Lead, manage and develop a cross-functional team.
- Establish and maintain highly collaborative relationships with internal partners and stakeholders to lever knowledge, experience and resources from a wide range of functions.
- Operate a hands-on approach to investigation and problem-solving, executing complex molecular biology protocols and analyses.
- Proactively plan and prioritize team workload, and manage related stakeholders.
- Make data and judgement-led decisions to successfully complete phase-gated projects.
- Builds relationships with customers to understand market requirements and translate them into technical processes.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join Illumina RGH at an exciting period of growth and development. With an expanding product portfolio, and increasing sales volumes, Illumina RGH is now poised for significant expansion. If you have exceptional technical abilities in the area of molecular biology, and feel you have both the technical and project management skills to take on this exciting opportunity then please apply using the link below.