When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
South SF, CA | Genetic Science Division
How will you make an impact?
Thermo Fisher is at the forefront of the global response to COVID-19. We are working with governments, agencies, industry partners and researchers globally to ensure priority access to instruments, consumables, safety supplies and other products to address the outbreak. This key role will play a valuable part in our efforts.
Do you have a passion for innovative ideas and groundbreaking discoveries? Now is an exciting time to join our Genetic Sciences business. With over $1 billion invested annually in R&D, at Thermo Fisher Scientific you’ll help solve some of the world’s toughest challenges. We empower our teams to put science into meaningful action and give our R&D colleagues the autonomy, resources and tools they need to take science a step beyond.
What will you do?
- The candidate will be responsible for driving innovation of new technologies and applications in the field of genetic sciences and will help define the roadmap for the qPCR consumables portfolio.
- She/he will lead early-stage investigations of new product concepts and guide junior scientists in related activities.
- The candidate will assist product development teams in bringing new and innovative products to market.
- She/he will also contribute to technical due diligence activities in partnership with business, platform, and software stakeholders.
- The candidate is expected to work with cross-functional and cross-divisional teams and capitalize on the combined knowledge and resources of a large, global biotechnology company.
How will you get here?
- BS with 10+ years experience.
- MS with 8+ years experience.
- Ph.D. degree in biochemistry, molecular biology, or other related fields with 3-5 years of work experience in the biotechnology industry
- The position requires a strong technical and theoretical background in molecular biology, biochemistry, and genetics.
- Knowledge and experience with assay or technology innovation in the areas of quantitative PCR, digital PCR, capillary electrophoresis and/or next generation sequencing is required.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- A demonstrated ability to innovate and generate new products and intellectual property is preferred.
- The ability to communicate effectively to a broad range of audiences is essential.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds have a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.