Inscripta is developing the world's first scalable platform for benchtop Digital Genome Engineering. The company’s advanced CRISPR-based platform, consisting of an instrument, reagents, and software, will offer a fully automated workflow that enables multiplexed, trackable editing of cells at an unprecedented scale. Inscripta’s goal is to empower scientists whose gene editing research is stifled by current technical and licensing limitations. By providing this unique platform and engaging in collaborative business practices, such as making its MAD7 CRISPR nuclease free for research purposes, the company enables scientists to realize a new era of biological discovery.
Inscripta is searching for a highly talented Staff Scientist/Lead Analytical Chemist to bring technical leadership and analytical chemistry expertise to a team building high-throughput, automated, genome engineering technologies. The ideal candidate will help drive new product development through leadership and innovation in analytical methodologies for chemistry and biomaterials development, genomic and transcriptomic characterization assay development, product and process performance testing and optimization, and hardware/consumable characterization.
- Lead innovation and development of analytical methodologies to enable new product and process development.
- Evaluate and apply new characterization tools and quantitative assays using a variety of spectroscopic and/or analytical methods for biological, chemical and physical characterization of reagents and consumables.
- Work closely with hardware and system integration engineers to develop measurement methodologies and controls to assess performance of automated instrumentation and consumables.
- Teach and establish a culture of strong experimental design practices, including sound measurement and control practices.
- Manage external development partners and contact manufacturers; Interface with third party analytical labs to plan experiments and analyze results.
- Perform Gauge R&R, verification, validation & transfer of tools and processes from R&D to manufacturing.
- Work collaboratively with biochemists, cell and molecular biologists, enzymologists, engineers (hardware and software), and bioinformaticians.
- Present clear and concise written and oral communications to colleagues and supervisors, lead and/or participate in technical meetings, and provide recommendations based on technical results.