Staff Scientist, IVD Product Development
Requisition ID: 117053BR
Genetic Sciences Division Research & Development
How will you make an impact?
You will lead microbial applications R&D projects and work collaboratively with product management, bioinformatics, manufacturing, and other R&D teams to take new assay products and applications through concept, feasibility, development, and commercialization. You will collaborate and communicate with thought leaders in microbiome and infectious disease research & diagnostics.
What will you do?
- Execute research and development activities through all phases of product development
- Interact cross-functionally to define products, transfer new designs to manufacturing, and ensure on-time regulatory submissions
- Set clear product development timelines and prioritize efforts to deliver on commitments
- Train and teach staff in areas of expertise
- Identify and facilitate academic collaborations and interactions with opinion leaders that are aligned with company goals
- Work in the lab, design and execute studies, and perform troubleshooting
This position will ensure that all projects are aligned to the needs of the customers and business, and that developmental timelines are met. In this position, you will drive results through inspired leadership and a focused and disciplined approach to product development that is consistent with best practices in the Company and in the industry as well as in compliance with appropriate regulatory requirements. This position will act as a resident expert for assays in development.