Cures Start Here.
At Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home to three Nobel laureates, interdisciplinary teams of world-renowned scientists seek new and innovative ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer, HIV/AIDS and other life-threatening diseases. Fred Hutch's pioneering work in bone marrow transplantation led to the development of immunotherapy, which harnesses the power of the immune system to treat cancer. An independent, nonprofit research institute based in Seattle, Fred Hutch houses the nation's first and largest cancer prevention research program, as well as the clinical coordinating center of the Women's Health Initiative and the international headquarters of the HIV Vaccine Trials Network.
Careers Start Here.
A laboratory specializing in gene regulation and chromatin structure is searching for a motivated scientist to drive a project involving structure / function relationships in developing hematopoietic cells. The position will require optimization of multiple standard molecular techniques to small numbers of primary cells followed by genome-wide analyses. The scientist will work independently under a Principal Investigator and actively collaborates with others. Careful record keeping and summarizing data for presentations is required. They will also supervise a research technician.
- Doctorate degree in a related field with experience working in a research environment and in a supervisory capacity
- Experience performing and analyzing ChIP-Seq, RNA-Seq and other genomic techniques
- Basic molecular biology skills (cloning, PCR, sequencing)
- Quantitative Real Time PCR analysis of RNA and ChIP
- Antibody staining and Flow cytometry (both analytical and sorting)
- Experience with primary and / or other complex cell culture systems
- Documented ability to work independently
- Excellent computer, documentation, communication, and project management skills
- Experience with hematopoietic culture (both in solution and in methylcellulose)
- Murine breeding, blood and tail sampling, dissection and preparation of samples from isolated organs.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE