The Genetic Testing Solutions group is a team of passionate individuals who are deeply committed to making the world healthier through development of molecular diagnostics. This role will be responsible for leading projects to develop and commercialize molecular assay products for both research and clinical applications on Thermo Fisher Scientific sample-to-answer platforms.
This is an opportunity for a highly motivated IVD scientist to work in a fast-paced environment and develop diagnostics at the cutting edge of technology and medicine. The ideal candidate will be a strong team player who is passionate about delivering high quality simple, effective, customer-focused products. The successful candidate will incorporate IVD and molecular biology experience to develop robust, innovative diagnostics.
Job responsibilities include:
- This is a hands-on lab position, including mentorship and project lead responsibilities
- Collaborates with cross functional core teams
- Plans and executes IVD development experiments, from proof of concept to validation, regulatory submission and launch
- Actively participates as a member of cross-functional product development teams
- Leads data-driven decision making, with a foundation in statistical analysis, DOE, and six sigma methods
- Ensures products are adequately developed to enable smooth Design Transfer
- Documentation under design control to ensure quality product development