When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $17 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
We are searching for a Bioinformatics Scientist to address our needs for assays design pipelines supporting innovative chemistries and focusing on bacterial, viral and metagenomics applications. The candidate will execute the implementation and documentation of algorithms and programs to support assay design, conduct troubleshooting analyses of design strategies and analyze experimental data with the goal to improve the design algorithms. QC activities are key in successful assay designs and part of the activities will include providing tools that allow in silico validation of assays. The candidate will also participate in core team meetings, help define requirements, and collaborate closely with biochemists and molecular biologists in the group.
Thermo Fisher is a leader in the development of PCR based assays. Flagship product lines are TaqMan® , AmpliSeq™, and capillary electrophoresis primers which are used together with our instruments for genotyping, gene expression and mutation detection applications.
• Work with R&D scientists, and product managers to define the requirements of a design pipeline, focusing on identifying and curating target sequences
• Use existing pipelines and tools to design assays.
• Implement new design algorithms taking advantage of an existing infrastructure.
• Critically assess data to identify patterns that provide hypotheses to improve in silico and in vitro success rates.
• Prepare technical reports, product summaries, protocols, quantitative analyses and code documentation.
• Curate existing DNA/RNA sequence databases for periodic upgrades and releases to customers