Pattern Bioscience is looking for a Staff Scientist to contribute to developing assays for bacterial identification and antibiotic susceptibility testing and be a bridge to our artificial intelligence technology. You will join our team working at the intersection of artificial intelligence, microfluidics and clinical microbiology, and engineering to help hospitals combat antibiotic resistance. Flexibility is key. In this role, you will play an integral part in advancing our novel technology and developing a best in class diagnostic device. How You Will Contribute
- Design, implement and analyze media optimization experiments from project inception to product launch
- Apply statistical analysis to experiment design and interpretation
- Optimize and troubleshoot microfluidic devices, instruments and associated data.
- Manage, capture, and review critical data: accurately and consistently recording experimental methods, materials, and results.
- Utilize insights from previous experiments to determine future experimental plans.
- Recommend expansion or curtailment of activities based on the latest information.
- Perform work in a BSL-2 laboratory including processing clinical specimens, bacterial culture propagation and maintenance, and susceptibility testing.
Success Will Look Like
- Within 90 days, you will contribute to developing assays for bacterial identity inclusivity
- You drive timely and effective solutions to achieve technical milestones
- You contribute to thought leadership expressed by effective planning, risk mitigation, and IP generation
- You project lead one development effort and collaborating on projects owned by others