Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (Fred Hutch), home of three Nobel laureates, is an independent, nonprofit research institution dedicated to the development and advancement of biomedical research to eliminate cancer and other potentially fatal diseases. Recognized internationally for its pioneering work in bone-marrow transplantation, Fred Hutch's five scientific divisions collaborate to form a unique environment for conducting basic and applied science. The Fred Hutch, in collaboration with its clinical and research partners, the University of Washington and Seattle Children's, is the only National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center in the Pacific Northwest.
The Corey Laboratory in the Vaccine and Infectious Disease Division at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center is recruiting a Staff Scientist to conduct laboratory bench research using state-of-the-art technologies for developing serological assays for HSV infections. These include accurate automated binding assays for HSV 2 proteins and automated validated assays for compliment dependent neutralization, ADCC activity and potentially other assays such as cell to cell transfer activities.
- perform experiments, analyze experimental data, make decisions about follow up experiments, troubleshoot technical problems and develop strategies for problem resolution.
- The scientist will be responsible in developing standard protocols and collaborating with a multidisciplinary team.
- Experience with assay development is essential.
- In addition to performing bench experiments, the scientist is expected to help write manuscripts, grant proposals and present research at scientific meetings.
- Seeking a candidate with a Ph.D. in the field of Immunology and experience in a related area.
- Knowledge of serological assays, experience with working with virus neutralization and automated antibody detection desired.
- Technical laboratory skills in chemistry and biology are required.
- The candidate should be enthusiastic about this research area, goal-oriented, a self-starter, and be able to work independently in a team environment.
- Strong analytical, writing, communication (in English), and problem solving skills are desired.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE