Pacific Biosciences™ is seeking a Staff Reliability Engineer with a strong customer focus to support New Product Development as well as Sustaining activities for our SMRT™ sequencing technology and related platforms.
The ability to communicate with component Suppliers and out-sourced service providers both during and post-design, interact with development engineering and internal support teams, and communicate results to diverse audiences are important aspects of this role.
This individual will be working in a fast-paced development environment, interacting with scientists and engineers from a wide variety of backgrounds.
The position will be based in Menlo Park, Calif.
• Develop a detailed understanding of all technologies necessary to support our instruments [electrical, mechanical, optical, computer, software, chemical]
• Generate comprehensive FMEA packages for all aspects of new product designs. Included in this deliverable are formalized tracking of all test activities and maintenance of failure mode mitigation/retirement records.
• Gather internal as well as customer experience data to identify the highest impact failure modes and conditions which require improvements
• Develop and Manage HALT as well as other Reliability test programs and methodologies
• Perform failure analysis on module-level as well as system-level problems in efforts to isolate root cause and work with Design teams to provide solutions
• Work directly with component and module-level Suppliers as well as R&D subject matter experts to create predictive reliability models for module-level as well as System-level reliability predictions
• Apply industry knowledge in providing guidance to cross-functional technical teams in efforts to improve instrument quality and reliability
• In partnership with Quality Assurance, ensure the products are compliant to applicable Regulatory and Compliance standards
• Represent the Customer as well as , ensure
• Define and use numerous tools and scripts to gather data necessary to make intelligent product design decisions
• Post-product launch, represent the voice of the customer in all aspects of your job
• In partnership with Quality Assurance, ensure the products remain compliant to applicable Regulatory and Compliance standards
• Define and use numerous tools and scripts to gather field data necessary for updating demonstrated reliability figures; use this updated information to manage escalations as well as drive product change
• Lead project teams in selection and management of escalations and redesign activities
• Present team or department findings and metrics in various forums