All About Us
Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. We are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives.
We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Our revenue grew from $10 million in 2002 to approximately $2.2 billion in 2015. Our growth isn’t just revenue, we’ve been hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its World’s Smartest Companies list three years running, including #1 in 2014. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you – imagine the possibilities.
Position Summary: Program Manager for any of a variety of Next Generation Sequencing projects ranging from core chemistry projects to system level integrations.
Primary Project Manager on projects with a multidisciplinary and/or technical scope with experienced maturity and emotional intelligence
All About You
- Primary PM on projects with a multidisciplinary and or technical scope, including platform projects
- Leads and/or strongly contributes to project definition
- Leads the project planning activities including identification of keys task and formulation of timelines
- Develops project plans, including detailed timelines with durations, dependencies, critical path, and milestones
- Provides management and leadership skills and drives execution on program goals.
- Works on simple to complex challenges
- Interprets internal/external business and regulatory challenges and recommends best practices to improve products, processes or services.
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and coordinates activities of other personnel.
- Command of product development lifecycles
- Comfortable applying the principles of Design For Six Sigma
- Command of most topics in the PM Body Of Knowledge (PMBOK)
- Knowledge of genetic sequencing principles
- Experienced with FDA regulated product development processes
- Ability to operate at a system level as well as dig deep into specifics
- Able to transform data into actionable information
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Ability to network with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
Education and Experience:
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree and typically a minimum of 8 years of product development experience in a regulated industry with 4 years managing projects.
- Typically requires a current PMP certification
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.