To support the rapid growth of business at Twist, a newly formed Program Management Office is seeking an experienced, highly-motivated program manager to join the PMO organization. He/she will help streamline the new product development life cycle, prioritize projects and drive new product introduction to achieve company’s business objectives. The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate a proven track record in managing a range of complex, high-impact projects with strong organizational leadership and influencing skills.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Supports the introduction of product development life cycle management system at Twist.
- Leads cross functional core teams. Collaborates with team members to develop detailed project plans. Coordinates and contributes to R&D activities and financial modeling to meet business objectives of the project.
- Leads and facilitates project meetings with a structure and agenda that is specifically engineered to ensure successful execution. Generates and disseminates meeting minutes which accurately capture key decisions, open issues and action items. Follows up on status of task and action item execution both within and outside of meetings, and updates project documentation (project timeline, meeting minutes) accordingly.
- Builds high morale and team commitments to goals and objectives by creating a compelling sense of common purpose and direction.
- Communicates the project progress on behalf of the core teams to senior leadership team regularly. Proactively identifies any issues, concerns or challenges of assigned projects; develops action plans to address open issues, including escalation to key partners and stakeholders. Facilitates tradeoff decisions and removes obstacles.
- Acts with a sense of urgency and leads by example.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
- BS or higher degree in Biology or Engineering; PMP is a plus
- Self-motivated, ambitious with long-term career goals
- Proven track record in leading cross-functional teams to achieve aggressive goals in biotech or high-tech industry, start-up experience is a plus
- Superior interpersonal skills; proven ability to develop important relationships with all key internal and external stakeholders
- Assertiveness to tactfully address concerns or conflicts openly within core and extended teams
- Ability to make good business decisions and exercises sound judgment
- Ability to deal with uncertainty in a constructive manner and generate options for moving forward
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to highlight issues to senior leaders, drive consensus and forge solutions, stays focused and on-point
- Strong work ethics, commitment to the highest quality of work
- Proficient with various project management tools and applications, experience in PMO is a plus