Job Title: Staff Process Engineer
Reports To: Director, Bio-Chip Production
The position will be responsible for the design and development of the flowcell (microfluidic bio-chip), including the fluidics within the flowcell, associated with the company’s proprietary sequencing platform for fast and low cost genome sequencing. The engineer will be an active and collaborative part of a team of engineers and scientists focused on developing the next generation technologies for the CGI platform.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs both independently and as part of a team to complete various assignments that may require knowledge of molecular biology and biochemistry concepts, and techniques.
- Participate and contribute in group meetings on overall system design and performance, near term and long term activity planning, system integration, troubleshooting, and reporting experimental results.
- Develop and execute project plans in collaboration with other group members, providing technical expertise, material and hands-on support as needed to achieve Departmental goals.
- Collaborate and communicate designs and experimental results with other research, development and production groups.
- The ability to work within a team, with cross-functional partners, as well as ability to work effectively independently. Should be well organized, self-motivated and possess excellent time management skills.
- The ability to become a credible in-house fluidics expert, taking ownership of major tasks and delivering to the requirements and on time.
- Perform other work related duties as assigned.