The Staff / Principal SAP Business Solution Analyst supports Pacific Biosciences’s Sales Operations and Distribution teams by studying business processes and recommending system solutions to support best practice methods.
Basic Function and Scope of the Position:
This role functions as a strategic partner and is responsible for reviewing, analyzing, planning, developing, testing, documenting, and implementing processes within SAP and related business applications. The BSA is responsible for solution architecture & design, which requires a deep understanding of end to end business processes and how they are implemented in IT applications.
• Researches and provide best practice recommendations with a focus on end-to-end capabilities and impact to KPIs.
• Lead the study of business goals & system needs and design of innovative solutions. Ensure the ongoing alignment of business architecture, functional architecture and technical architecture from a functional/solution perspective).
• Improves systems by studying current practices; designing modifications. Understands when to recommend changes to a business process / policy, acquire software, configure, or customize.
• Partner with business process owners to develop solution proposals, define scope, present business cases, and gain consensus.
• Lead process modeling workshops and design with a contribution to policy changes.
• Lead sessions to elicit, analyze, and document business requirements.
• Translate business requirements into functional requirements specification, workflow, cross-functional dependencies.
• Exercise leadership capabilities; demonstrate persuasion and patience with users; oversee the execution of projects.
• Lead collaborative system design with technical staff. Accountable to ensure the solution meets the agreed upon business requirements while creatively leveraging standard capabilities where possible.
• Ensures a focus on worker’s information needs driving high level of usability and data quality.
• Prepares visuals to communicate and gain buy-in on pain points, recommendations and the solutions roadmap.
• Responsible for hands on configuration of the application and providing daily support to the end user community.
• Accountable for knowing functionality of SAP sales and distribution modules in order to guide business process changes and development of SAP. Additionally, the person in this role must support best practice integration with the CRM solution.
• Conduct data and process analysis using a variety of query tools.
• Applies information systems development, implementation and operation control concepts in a wide variety of technology settings and appropriately assesses the exposures resulting from ineffective or missing control practices.
• Stay abreast of technology developments related to domain expertise.
• Manages multiple priorities, and successfully completes multiple projects with minimal supervision of the work group manager.
• Maintains active communication with business users and stakeholders to manage expectations regarding changes to the system and the introduction of new and enhanced functionality.