Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. Life at Illumina is about working with teammates who are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives. We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Just check out our investor events and presentations to learn about our financial accomplishments. Our growth isn’t just in financials, we’ve been busy hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its World’s Smartest Companies each of the last three years. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you. Join the journey of a lifetime. Join Illumina.
The New Product Introduction (NPI) Planning team at Illumina is responsible for ensuring Illumina’s new sequencing related instruments move successfully from development into initial production. We align supply and demand, manage capacity constraints, and ensure product flow through our global manufacturing and distribution network.
This position is a key role supporting new product line execution, delivery and distribution. The ideal candidate will possess the skills and aptitude to manage the technical side of planning and the cross-functional skills to successfully collaborate with Manufacturing, Marketing, Quality, R&D Engineering, and Finance. The NPI Planner is expected to ensure distribution schedule adherence, assist with timely implementation of new product launches, and ensure effective inventory management. This role is expected to take initiative to seek and implement continuous improvement, taking into account the impact of their decisions across the entire supply chain.
All About You
- Create pilot and production manufacturing build plan for new sequencing-related instrument products based on ramp forecasts, perform capacity planning, review supply and demand through ES&OP process, and report on supply availability and plan versus actual metrics
- Review, resolve and escalate issues that impact new products global supply
- Support new product launches by project managing completion of supply chain and cross-functional activities that must occur to ensure movement on new initial builds of inventory for launch and sustaining availability
- Establish and implement Operations strategy on development project teams by working cross functionally with R&D Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality, and Supply Chain.
- Implement master data setup in SAP through engineering change orders for all manufactured and purchased parts to support pilot and production builds. Ensure SAP data integrity of master data elements which drive production and MRP (safety stock, cycle times, BOM accuracy, effectivity dates)
- Troubleshoot SAP transactional records to resolve inventory discrepancies
- Establish and manage offline material planning process of procurement and inventory management to support on time prototype and pilot builds of complex development products
- Identify and develop best practices including generating processes, template creation, RACI matrices and training.
- Monitor supply chain key performance indicators, publish performance reports, perform root cause analysis, implement action plans, and strive for continuous improvement. (plan vs actual, internal demand, process flow, expiry, shortages, etc)
- Provide training support for new personnel
- Provide planning system knowledge support for site and affiliates
- Minimum Five years planning experience with multiple product lines in a multi-site manufacturing environment
- Proficient with MRP, DRP and MPS systems, especially SAP and Rapid Response
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to structure and perform data analysis
- Ability to distill complex issues into simple effective messages for management
- Intermediate to advanced level skills with Microsoft Office suite
- Strong project management skills
- Familiar with FDS, GMP, SOX regulatory and compliance requirements preferred
- Effective verbal, written, and presentation skills
- APICS certification preferred
- Bachelor Degree required: Operations, Logistics, Business Administration, Supply Chain or Life Science disciplines
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at 858-246-8959. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf