Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. Life at Illumina is about working with teammates who are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives. We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Just check out our investor events and presentations to learn about our financial accomplishments. Our growth isn’t just in financials, we’ve been busy hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its World’s Smartest Companies each of the last three years. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you. Join the journey of a lifetime. Join Illumina.
All About You
• Initiate, direct and execute scientific research and development through the management of a small team or individual studies.
• Represent Systems Integration function on Project Teams.
• Supervise one or more Research Associates on project activities.
• Collaborate with all functions within project teams (such as chemistry, software, engineering and manufacturing).
• Engage in the early design of products to represent Systems Integration knowledge.
• Develop verification and validation test plans; execute study protocols and generate reports.
• Analyze data and troubleshoot issues.
• Suggest creative solutions to system-level issues.
• Willingness to be hands-on.
• 7-10 years of experience in successful, product development environment required. Clinical development experience strongly preferred.
• Experience developing products for regulated markets and working knowledge of design controls desired.
• Experience giving input to product design at an early stage of development.
• A broad scientific knowledge (instrumentation, optics, chemistry, molecular biology, software, etc.)
• Multidisciplinary approach to problem solving.
• Experience writing and executing test plans to validate product performance and robustness.
• Proven skills in analysis of large complex data sets helpful.
• Demonstrated ability to understand and successfully work across multiple disciplines such as engineering, software and manufacturing highly desired.
• Must be detail oriented and highly motivated.
• A desire to be a part of a fast paced, multidisciplinary and dynamic environment.
• Solid communication and writing skills required.
• PhD in a scientific or engineering discipline required.
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at 858-246-8959. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf