Thermo Fisher Scientific is looking for a staff software engineer in our Guilford office. The successful candidate will be a contributor to our next-generation sequencing platform, working in a fast-paced and diverse environment, delivering functionalities to meet various product needs and enabling our customers to make the world a healthier and safer place.
Successful candidate will be involved in all phases of the software development cycle, from conception, architect, design, implementation, documentation, to leading a small software development team, and writing automated tests for the commercial web-based software product. Effective collaboration with various development and management teams for successful delivery of software releases is part of the job.
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 3+ years of professional experience in Linux, Python, Ansible, Django, jQuery, REST, HTML/CSS, Scalable/responsive design, SQL, JSON
- Practitioner of agile development process, UX/UI design
- Strong team player
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- B.S. or MS in computer science or related subject
- Experience in writing Selenium automated tests and system & deployment configuration
- Knowledge of molecular biology is a plus