Inscripta is developing the world's first scalable platform for benchtop Digital Genome Engineering. The company’s advanced CRISPR-based platform, consisting of an instrument, reagents, and software, will offer a fully automated workflow that enables multiplexed, trackable editing of cells at an unprecedented scale. Inscripta’s goal is to empower scientists whose gene editing research is stifled by current technical and licensing limitations. By providing this unique platform and engaging in collaborative business practices, such as making its MAD7 CRISPR nuclease free for research purposes, the company enables scientists to realize a new era of biological discovery. Due to rapid growth Inscripta has an opening for a Staff Engineer, Process Development located in San Diego, CA.
We are looking for a self-driven and talented candidate to join our Process Development and Technology Transfer team. This individual shall provide technical leadership for manufacturing process development, new product introduction, and manufacturing support with a focus on molecular biology assays. Additionally, this person will actively partner across departments to accomplish company and project goals.
- Work with R&D and provide technical leadership to define, characterize, and optimize molecular biology assays to transfer processes to manufacturing.
- Define, source, install, and qualify manufacturing equipment in support of manufacturing processes and product volume requirements.
- Design and execute controlled experiments to optimize manufacturing processes, quality, cost, and throughput. Drive implementation of solutions into manufacturing to meet company and project goals.
- Work with external suppliers to define raw material specifications and optimize raw material performance.
- Solve challenging, interdisciplinary technical problems at the interface of biology and chemistry.
- Define technical and operational process requirements. Translate technical requirements to define and document manufacturing specifications and procedures. Lead transfer of molecular biology assays to manufacturing.
- Represent Operations’ needs on development teams and other cross-functional teams.