Pacific Biosciences is seeking a talented, driven and experienced individual to join the SMRT cell Process Development team working on next generation devices. The candidate needs to have a passion for Pacific Biosciences technology and mission. His/her central focus will be to lead device integration and performance evaluation of novel processes and designs for consumable development used in next generation DNA sequencing and other applications. The candidate will be required to technically lead and/or participate in complex integration projects ranging from development studies, yield improvement to a full product release. The candidate must have an appetite for solving complex problems requiring evaluation of intangible factors and must be very comfortable in a multi-disciplinary environment. In addition, they will also be expected to handle development projects and relationships with internal stakeholders and external suppliers.
• Develop front-end unit processes like Lithography, CMP, CVD, PVD, Etch, Cleans etc., used in wafer fabrication
• Develop process flows that integrate the various unit processes above to achieve yield and COGS targets for the device at the various front-end suppliers. This will include interfacing with external suppliers across cultural and geographical boundaries via conference calls and trips to partner sites in order to assist in the development process
• Verify and validate functional performance for different device components with changes in materials, process, design, suppliers, etc.
• Collaborate with various R&D teams to define appropriate integration and verification tasks for different device versions for integration and to improve design, yield and COGS
• Determine root cause of failed device component causing system performance issues using a combination of optical testing, inspection and utilizing failure analysis techniques like SEM, TEM, XPS, EELS, SIMS, etc.
• Determine appropriate Failure Analysis (FA) method and technique for the new device designs and processes
• Coordinate and communicate device performance and FA results to different stakeholders including process, system, instrument and protocols teams