Pattern Bioscience is looking for a Staff Biomedical Engineer to join our team working at the intersection of artificial intelligence, microfluidics and clinical microbiology, and engineering to help hospitals combat antibiotic resistance. Flexibility is key. In this role, you will play an integral part in advancing our novel technology through integrating assay development with the consumable and instrument development. You will work closely with other scientists and engineers to develop next generation anti-microbial susceptibility, in vitro diagnostic products and technologies.How You Will Contribute
- Optimize and troubleshoot microfluidic devices, instruments and associated data.
- Manage, capture, and review critical data: accurately and consistently recording experimental methods, materials, and results.
- Conceive and conduct independent experimentation from project inception through product launch.
- Analyze data, form conclusions, and determine future experimental plans.
- Recommend expansion or curtailment of activities based on the latest information.
- Perform work in a BSL-2 laboratory including processing clinical specimens, bacterial culture propagation and maintenance, and susceptibility testing.
- Assume responsibility for timely completion of projects, consistent with the project critical path.
- Effectively adjust to changing priorities.
Success Will Look Like
- You drive timely and effective solutions to achieve technical milestones
- You contribute to thought leadership expressed by effective planning, risk mitigation, and IP generation
- You project lead one development effort and contribute to projects owned by others