Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the Staff Accountant is responsible for supporting accounting transactions (journal entries, fixed assets, payroll, cash and bank accounting.), for the preparation of account reconciliations and for assisting in preparation of financial statements in compliance with US GAAP
The Staff Accountant will participate in annual audits and special accounting projects, and work with other accounting staff and external auditors to provide required information
- Responsible for accurate and timely transaction processing and accounting for expense reporting, cash and banking, payroll, fixed assets, sales commissions, general accounting transactions, and journal entries.
- Participate in the month-end, quarter-end and year-end financial closing process, preparing journal entries, balance sheet and income statement account reconciliations
- Assist in the preparation of monthly financial statements, trend and account analysis for internal distribution.
- Responsible for performing monthly bank reconciliations, ensuring timely and accurate booking of all cash transactions
- Assist in maintaining the stock based compensation records
- Maintain and develop accounting process documentation such as process flowcharts and narratives
- Assist in administering current controls and processes, and make recommendations for process improvement projects
- Manipulate and reconcile large volumes of data from various sources such SAP, CRM bank data, etc.
- Assist in annual audits, preparing audit schedules, other audit requests and interacting directly with external audit staff
- Reach conclusions with adequate level of rationale and documentation for review and then communicate accounting conclusions
- Comply with a high level of integrity, objectivity, professional competence and due care