We are seeking candidates interested in working for an exciting start-up company located in San Francisco. This is an ideal opportunity for individuals who thrive in a changing environment and enjoy supporting and delivering world-class products that meet both external and internal customer needs.
This is a role for someone who craves a challenge balanced by the desire to be accountable for delivering high quality products for Twist. It is both a strategic and a tactical position. Those that do not want to get their hands dirty should not apply.
Twist is looking for a Sr. Technical Transfer Scientist with skills in biochemistry and/or molecular biology to interface between R&D and operations to establish new processes at scale for gene synthesis products in manufacturing. He/she will collaborate with the QC team to identify key control points and qualify all new methods. The successful candidate will also work cross-functionally to verify and validate all new processes. This position reports to the Director, Production Development.
- Work hand-in-hand with R&D to gain thorough understanding of new product designs
- Collaborate with R&D to transform process knowledge into high throughput production methods for gene synthesis
- Independently design experimental plans, perform studies, and analyze and report study results and recommendations both verbally and in written formats
- Work with product requirements to define product specifications, processing parameters and operational boundaries
- Collaborate with the automation team to optimize methods at scale
- Collaborate with the QC team to evaluate new methods at scale
- Set up part numbers and bills of material
- Write work instructions, SOP’s and training documents for manufacturing operators
- Train manufacturing operators
- Write verification and validation test plans
- Work cross-functionally to execute and evaluate all V&V trails
- BS/MS in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or related field
- 10+ years industrial experience in biotechnology product development and/or technical transfer
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team environment
- Proven ability to launch products in a biotechnology or life sciences company
- Experience with ERP systems such as SAP, Agile, Oracle, etc.
- Experience with automation platforms such as Hamilton/Biomek/Tecan or Echo is a plus
About Twist Bioscience
At Twist Bioscience, our expertise is synthetic DNA. We have developed a proprietary semiconductor-based synthetic DNA manufacturing process featuring a 10,000-well silicon platform capable of producing synthetic biology tools, such as oligonucleotides, genes, pathways, chassis and genomes. By synthesizing DNA on silicon instead of on traditional 96-well plastic plates, our platform overcomes the current inefficiencies of synthetic DNA production, and enables cost-effective, rapid, high-quality and high throughput synthetic gene production. The Twist Bioscience platform has the potential to greatly accelerate the development of personalized medicine, sustainable chemical production, improved agriculture production as well as new applications such as in vivo diagnostics, biodetection and data storage. For more information, please visit www.twistbioscience.com. Twist Bioscience is on Twitter. Sign up to follow our Twitter feed @TwistBioscience at https://twitter.com/TwistBioscience.
Twist Bioscience is an equal opportunity and an e-verify employer.