All About Us
Illumina is improving human health by unlocking the power of the genome. Our focus on innovation has established us as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies, serving customers in the research, clinical and applied markets. Our products are used for applications in the life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging segments.
lllumina has experienced phenomenal growth from $10 million in revenues in 2002 to approximately $2.2 billion in 2015. Forbes named Illumina #1 on the 2009 list of 25 Fastest-Growing Technology Companies in the United States, the second time over a three year period that Forbes ranked Illumina #1 on its list of rapidly growing technology companies. Illumina was also named #1 smartest company in the world as part of MIT’s 2014 Technology Review. As of February 2016, the company had a $21 billion market capitalization.
Under guidance of the Manager provides supervision and guidance to operational employees. Ensures site and employee performance are in compliance with global standards. Enhance product workflow by implementing logistics plans that affect production, distribution, and inventory. Develops underperforming areas in logistics and rolls out improvements and provides resolutions to problems. Responsible for maintaining relationships with internal/external customers and partners. Serves as a liaison to other departments including trade compliance, planning, customer service, and purchasing to resolve issues and implement process improvements. Creates and reviews procedures for warehousing to maximize customer satisfaction and minimize cost. Areas of responsibility include but are not limited to: material management, SOP writing/updating, project management, all customer service communications with regards to shipping, receiving, and all site warehouse activities. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
All About You
• Oversees the performance and efficiency of warehouse personnel.
• Supervises the performance of site and operational staff
• Ensures WI’s and SOP’s are regularly updated with most recent documents and information.
• Provides metrics and executes analysis used for decision making by upper management
• Works with local and regional management to ensure site alignment
• Evaluates shipping/receiving priorities and product allocations to support customer orders and internal requests.
• Evaluates processes of shipment packaging according to specifications and delivery in a timely manner to maximize customer satisfaction.
• Ensures cost effective, efficient and traceable movement of company products both in-bound and out-bound.
• Supports shipping, logistics and distribution personnel.
• Interacts with vendors and peers in Manufacturing, Production Planning, Customer Service, Sales and Finance to optimize systems and procedures and resolve customer delivery related problems.
• Acquires and maintains a clear understanding of the technologies utilized in Illumina’s products, parts and services.
• All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
• Strong understanding of personnel management and development
• Must have 3-5 years related experience, preferably in a life sciences manufacturing environment.
• Strong leadership skills, with excellent communication skills
• In-depth knowledge of ERP/MRP systems and process knowledge in an ISO/FDA regulated environment.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
• Proficient in use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access).
• Strong project/people skills.
• Must have the ability to prepare and deliver effective presentations.
• Ability to analyze and resolve problems independently.
• Excellent math skills, strong organizational skills and very detail oriented.
• Excellent verbal and written communication, analytical and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work and interact with departments throughout the organization.
• Requires a bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience in Logistics or business field.
EOE / Minorities / Females / Veterans / Disabled