All About Us
Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. We are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives.
We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Our revenue grew from $10 million in 2002 to approximately $2.4 billion in 2016. Our growth isn’t just revenue, we’ve been hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its “World’s Smartest Companies” list each of the last three years. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you – imagine the possibilities.
You will play a key role in data & analytics multi-site team to build a big data warehousing, reporting, predictive analytics, and search solution for genomic and instrument data. Professional experience in building complex big data and predictive analytic solutions, and experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, and Elastic Search, and AWS services such as Redshift, EMR, etc is required.
- 8+ years of experience in production grade software in Java, big data, data warehousing environment using Lean/Agile SDLC
- Prior experience in leading local and remote teams to build data and analytics solution for SaaS service is a plus.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years working with data warehouses, and various reporting engines
- 3+ years working with a Hadoop echo system and MapReduce
- Significant experience with various SQL, NoSQL, XML/document, columnar database technologies (HBase, Cassandra, Mongo) and how to create a data model for using them in distributed, federated application architecture
- 3+ years in developing big data analytics or predictive analytics engine is required
- Significant level of expertise with designing, developing and delivering distributed micro-services based cloud applications to run at high scales and operationalizing them is a plus
- Have a good grasp of how to solve for System Quality requirements around multi-tenancy, high availability, scalability, performance, security, resiliency, etc.
- Experience with data streaming technologies such as Kafka or Kinesis is a plus
- Experience with Apache Spark is a plus
- Experience taking a new database technology and delivering it to production and operationalizing and stabilizing
- Solid knowledge of algorithms, design patterns, and componentization approaches and security protocols
- Dev Ops - Continuous Delivery, GIT/Jenkins, ELK
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Building large scale big data analytics and predictive analytics engines is preferable
- Experience with Spring-boot framework or similar ones.
- Experience working with GIT, Maven or Gradle, Web Services
- Experience with micro services development is a plus
- Exposure to building scalable, stateless, resilient & highly available applications and services in AWS is required
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.