Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. Life at Illumina is about working with teammates who are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives. We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Just check out our investor events and presentations to learn about our financial accomplishments. Our growth isn’t just in financials, we’ve been busy hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its World’s Smartest Companies each of the last three years. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you. Join the journey of a lifetime. Join Illumina.
This individual will be responsible for driving supply chain efficiency and compliance by leading programs and projects in support of Illumina’s Strategic Vision. An ideal candidate will have significant Supply Chain experience in Supply Planning as well as formal Project Management experience in a fast-paced, high SKU-count environment. Consulting experience identifying and implementing process improvement in Supply Planning or Logistics must be paired with expertise gained in-house.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Manage supply chain programs and projects to drive achievement of the department’s strategic vision
- Interact with cross-functional including: supply chain, product development, LCM, manufacturing, marketing, sales, finance, quality and regulatory departments.
- Set priorities, develop a work schedule, and monitor progress towards project goals. Track details/data/information/activities to ensure these maintain alignment with long term business objectives.
- Present program and strategic plans and lead progress updates (phase gate review) with senior management and other affected staff at regular check points to ensure awareness and buy in to progress against contracted targets by stakeholders.
- As needed, identify cause, manage and resolve or escalate risks / problem situations by generating possible solutions, facilitating tradeoff decisions, making recommendations on resolution, ensuring compliance to delegated actions and removing obstacles to achieve contracted goal
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or a Technology-related field is required. MBA is preferred.
- At least 10 years of experience in Supply Chain, including Supply Planning & Distribution
- At least 5 years of experience in Project Management of cross-functional projects while holding a Project or Program Management title. Consulting experience can substitute if the assignment demonstrates proficiency in formulating a strategy, chartering projects to execute against that strategy, and driving project completion. Consulting experience of a transactional nature is not sufficient.
- PMI Certification is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to enable effective communication and influencing of team members, peers, senior business and corporate leaders.
- Demonstrated ability to accomplish goals while working across departments
- Experience working in regulated environments - ISO and GMP/GLP; IVD a plus
- Collaborative and innovative mentality to build relationships, achieve consensus and foster multi-disciplinary team work across levels functional groups including operations, quality, commercial, finance and legal to ensure program success.
- Proven ability to identify key issues, motivate and empower others to address them in a way which builds morale, generates ownership and commitment
- Track record of strong organizational skills along with a high degree of detail orientation to ensure work product appropriately leveled between big picture and specific details is on time and of exceptional quality
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office (Project, Excel, Outlook, Power Point).
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at 858-246-8959. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf