Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. Life at Illumina is about working with teammates who are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives. We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Just check out our investor events and presentations to learn about our financial accomplishments. Our growth isn’t just in financials, we’ve been busy hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its World’s Smartest Companies each of the last three years. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you. Join the journey of a lifetime. Join Illumina.
As an Illumina Six Sigma Master Black Belt, you will be an engineer responsible for the development and maintenance of Illumina’s consumables engineering toolset body of knowledge. You will provide training, mentoring, and leadership to innovative teams working on cutting-edge next generation sequencing products.
All About You
- Working across departments to solidify a vision for tools that effectively integrate into today’s organization while also being poised to meet Illumina’s growing needs.
- Building, maintaining, and improving an engineering body of knowledge including best practices, gold standards and training materials.
- Leading, mentoring, and training other engineers and teams in these engineering tools.
- Driving, leading and coaching teams through activities such as systematic problem solving, risk based decision making, and product and process characterization.
- Expertise in multiple of the following tools: 6-sigma, DFSS, 8D, DMAIC, FMEA, FTA, Lean, Critical Parameters Management (CPM), Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA).
- Ability to communicate clearly and convincingly across departments and levels.
- Extremely good data analysis skills and a logical approach to problem solving.
- Able to motivate, organize, and influence without needing authority.
- Experience in innovative high tech environments with high rates of change.
- Experience in high volume manufacturing supporting, sustaining, and transferring products from R&D to production.
- Chemistry and biochemistry knowledge required.
- Previous successful team leadership roles required.
- FDA regulated production experience a plus.
- Organizational Change Management (OCM) experience a plus.
- Next Generation Sequencing experience a plus.
- Big data experience a plus.
- Degree in Chemical Engineering, Bioengineering, Physical Chemistry, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Biomolecular Engineering, Biotechnical Engineering or related fields.
- BS/MS with 8+ yrs of industry experience.
- PhD with 3+ yr of industry experience.
- Six Sigma Black Belt or Master Black Belt.
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at 858-246-8959. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf