All About Us
Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. We are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives.
We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Our revenue grew from $10 million in 2002 to approximately $2.2 billion in 2015. Our growth isn’t just revenue, we’ve been hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its World’s Smartest Companies list three years running, including #1 in 2014. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you – imagine the possibilities.
Sr. Software Engineer – C#/.NET
Join one of biotech's most successful companies to create world-class software with the best and brightest in the industry. Illumina is looking for talented, motivated software engineers to join the instrument control software team. You’ll be writing software that powers the pumps, lasers, motors, imaging systems, analysis engines, and user interface on Illumina’s instruments. This role will collaborate with cross-functional teams that are ultimately responsible to expand and enhance our genome sequencing platforms.
All About You
- Work as part of Agile scrum teams to design, implement, and test the instrument control software that powers our industry-leading DNA sequencing devices
- Deliver software architecture, designs, and implementations
- Participate in all aspects of our agile development process, from sprint planning to daily scrum meetings and sprint demos
- Create and execute unit tests to verify functionality
- Troubleshoot and resolve software defects
- Contribute to software design reviews and code reviews
- Learn and have fun with some of the smartest people you’ll ever meet!
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in an object-oriented programming language; C# strongly preferred
- 2+ years of experience writing SW for real-time applications on instruments or devices.
- Experience with the .NET Framework, WPF, and XAML for Windows Applications
- Demonstrated ability to design, develop, and maintain object-oriented multi-threaded C# applications
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Proven experience architecting and developing customer-facing applications
- Experience in control software / hardware integration
- Able to write robust code that meets product requirements while being lean, maintainable, unit tested, and easy to understand
- Self-starter mentality with excellent communication skills
- Proven ability to mentor and coach more junior engineers
- Experience in driving cross-organizational or inter-company collaboration
- Competence to act as a virtual team lead for technical resources
- Must thrive in fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Basic knowledge of agile scrum methodologies is a plus
- Experience in biotech is a plus
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.