Early development identifies and tests cutting edge reagents, technologies or protocols that are supporting the development of products in Oncology, Genetics, Infectious Disease and Automation/Sample Preparation. Areas of interest include short and long read sequencing technologies, low input and difficult sample preparation methods and creating integrated workflows. Candidates must be able to work in a collaborative, exciting, and fast-paced team environment. Also responsible for operating and maintaining equipment, interacting with LIMS databases, completing projects in a timely fashion, research and development, and giving presentations at weekly meetings.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Experience with short and/or long read sequencing technology
- Operation of different genomics analysis technologies such as microarrays, real time PCR and ancillary equipment for quality control and validation.
- Develops, validates, and applies methods for various genomics methods mainly focused on sequencing.
- Processes include nucleic acid isolation and quantification, PCR amplification, library preparation, plate normalizations and.
- Working with senior personnel, performs early development activity to create new workflows that are robust, cost-effective and time efficient.
- Collaborates with R&D to transfer new assays and methods to automation platforms.
- Works closely with IT group and instrument vendors to develop and implement automated workflows.
- Develops project timelines and utilizes time management practices and tools to manage demands and deadlines and to deliver on key project milestones.
- Accurately and consistently records experimental methods, materials and results in electronic laboratory notebooks. Analyzes data, evaluates results, forms conclusions, and determines future experiments.
- Uses broad knowledge of molecular biology technique to proactively troubleshoot assays, to resolve technical issues and challenges, and to perform data interpretation.
- Presents findings or comprehensive project status reviews at internal/external seminars/meetings. Applies advanced technical writing and graphical skills to produce reports and documents. Prepares summaries, reports, presentations, manuscripts, etc.
- Writes and implements standard operation procedures SOPs .
- Presents early development work including scientific background information and project updates at internal staff meetings and at cross-functional team meetings.
- Determines all chemicals, reagents and supplies needed for a project; develops a strong knowledge of all related third-party vendors and their technologies and products.
- Establishes and maintains productive relationship with personnel in development; orients and trains new employees.