Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
One shared journey is moving us forward at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious disease. Empowered to apply our individual talents and ideas so that we can learn and grow together. Driven to make a difference, from innovative research to hands-on community support. Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
We seek an experienced, talented, highly motivated, and detail oriented Proteomics Researcher with established track record to join the Proteomics group within the Discovery Research and Translational Sciences organization at BMS. This is a laboratory based position, reports to the Head of Proteomics within the Genomics organization and is expected to work effectively in a highly collaborative matrixed environment.
- The candidate needs to have a good understanding of biology to help articulate the problem statement, communicate with key stakeholders and bridge across matrixed teams.
- The candidate should have demonstrated ability to convert datasets to usable knowledge and utilize it to support the program progression across the Drug Discovery to Development continuum.
- The candidate needs to have an established track record and significant experience in articulating the need for proteomics as well as successfully applying proteomics to translational, clinical discovery space.
- The candidate needs to have deep familiarity with other “omics” and experience in building synergies to achieve integrative omics outcomes.
- Deep experience developing, deploying and utilizing innovative proteomics techniques / workflows to characterize complex proteomes and thereby enable translational and clinical research activities is absolutely necessary.
- Deep experience with proteomics analytical instrumentation (latest generation, nano-chromatography and mass spectrometry) and associated data processing software interfaces is a must.
- Experience with proteome level post-translational modification analyses (e.g. glycosylation, acetylation/methylation) is highly desirable.
- Significant experience and in-depth knowledge of proteomics design of experiments, LC/MS proteomics data processing and subsequent data analyses. Detailed understanding of proteomics related bioinformatics and associated software packages is required.
- Experience and ability to successfully interface with bioinformaticians and biostatisticians is an absolute must to achieve in-depth proteomics data analysis and superlative outcomes for programs.
- Experience with automation and laboratory instrument data management would is highly desirable.
- Proficiency in applying classical protein biochemical techniques (protein fractionations, chromatography etc.) and most up to date proteomics techniques is expected and familiarity with basic cell culture techniques and standard molecular biology techniques is highly desirable.
- Additionally, experience with handling human as well as animal biomatrices (including tissues, plasma …) is necessary.
- Overall, excellent lab skills and lab etiquette are crucial and required to be successful in this position.
- The candidate must have expertise with compiling and reviewing lab work practices and maintain regular scientific records in terms of laboratory notebooks.
- The candidate should be proficient with workplace software tools (word processing, excel, presentation etc.)