Sequenom has an exciting opportunity in our R&D department to work on new Oncology Diagnostics Development projects. Reporting to the Sr. Group Leader, the Senior Research Associate will execute research and development projects and collaborate within the Diagnostics Development department. This position will focus on biochemical and process improvements for diagnostic applications utilizing a variety of molecular biology techniques. Previous experience using Next Generation Sequencing is required.
- Aid in the planning and execution of research and development studies
- Perform experiments using advanced molecular biology techniques including PCR, digital PCR, quantitative PCR, variant genotyping and next-generation sequencing
- Translate assay protocols into robotic liquid handling workflows amenable to a high-throughput clinical laboratory environment
- Examine data and assist in the preparation of technical reports, summaries, protocols and quantitative analysis
- Ensure experiments are well documented
- Clearly communicate results and present experimental data in team meetings
- Analyze data using software, such as Excel, JMP, or R