Under general direction, the Sr. Research Associate will execute research and development projects with a focus on biochemical and process improvements for diagnostic applications, utilizing a variety of molecular biology techniques. The Sr. Research Associate will collaborate within the Clinical Diagnostics Development department supporting the transfer of assays to the Clinical Laboratory.
- Aid in the planning and execution of research and development studies
- Perform experiments using advanced molecular biology techniques including PCR, digital PCR, quantitative PCR, variant genotyping and next-generation sequencing
- Translate assay protocols into robotic liquid handling workflows amenable to a high-throughput clinical laboratory environment
- Examine data and assist in the preparation of technical reports, summaries, protocols and quantitative analysis under the guidance of supervisor
- Ensure experiments are well documented
- Clearly communicate results and present experimental data in team meetings
- Analyze data using software, such as Excel, JMP, or R