GenoLogics, an Illumina company, is looking for an experienced Quality Assurance Analyst interested in testing applications that incorporate hybrid software and hardware systems as well as full-stack web applications. GenoLogics builds modern web applications that support leading edge genetic science. From cancer research to pharmaceuticals to forensics and more – we build software that matters and is making a difference. Our bioinformatics software enables researchers, scientists, geneticists and clinicians to manage the complex workflows required to successfully sequence the genome. We do interesting and important work. This is an opportunity to work as part of talented team and develop world-class products.
We are looking for a Quality Assurance Analyst. Do you enjoy breaking software? Do you find problems and design flaws in everyday things? Are you the person who always notices when a door opens the wrong way or a switch is wired upside down? Do you believe that software should be intuitive to operate and pleasant to use?
The ideal candidate is passionate about software quality and has made this their chosen profession. Comfortable working independently and as part of a collaborative environment, this individual will enjoy the daily challenges associated with enterprise level software. A positive “can do” attitude and willingness to learn about our industry and customer requirements are essential, as well as a willingness to be a customer advocate. This individual must be an adept problem solver that goes beyond the obvious to develop effective solutions. This position will appeal to an individual that thrives in a fast paced entrepreneurial environment offering rich learning opportunities.
Illumina develops cutting edge data management products for the life sciences research industry. We develop solutions that matter. If the idea of helping to develop and test complex, high quality, enterprise-grade, multi-tier software products gets you excited, then this is the place.
- Responsible for defining, developing, documenting tests to uncover defects and improve the overall quality of our software
- Plan and build effective test environments with useful data
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, information related to test planning, test execution, defect reporting and test results
- Thoroughly document and track issues which surface during the testing process
- Ensure established Agile Scrum software engineering processes are followed, and help improve the processes to improve quality as required.
- Participate in shared learning with other team members, provide mentorship as appropriate
- Contribute ideas and suggestions in support of the QA Team’s goal of continuous improvement
- Work as a member of an Agile team to help plan sprints, identify test requirements, create acceptance criteria and develop test automation that supports the overall testing effort
- Passion for Quality Assurance and an unshakeable belief in its importance in shipping great software
- A track record that includes being part of a team which completed and shipped successful products
- Minimum two years Quality Assurance experience, preferably working with enterprise level software
- Knowledge of multiple test methods: exploratory, unit, acceptance, functional, integration
- Strong knowledge of Linux/Unix operating systems
- Experience participating in an Agile Scrum software development environment
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree, Diploma in Computer Science or Information Technology or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of at least one scripting language and experience with test automation using scripts
- Experience automating tests against RESTful or similar web-based application APIs
- Understanding of common database concepts, experience with PostgreSQL or Oracle and basic SQL skills
- Familiarity with both Windows and Mac operating systems
- Experience with server applications stacks and frameworks (JBoss, Tomcat, Grails)
- Understanding of cloud-based systems and cloud-targeted deployment
- Understanding of modern release management concepts
Headquartered in San Diego, California, Illumina (NASDAQ: ILMN), is a leading developer, manufacturer, and marketer of next generation life science tools and integrated systems for large-scale analysis of genetic variation and biological function. These systems are enabling studies that were not even imaginable just a few years ago, and moving us closer to the realization of personalized medicine. With the innovative advances in our sequencing technologies, we are rapidly impacting the clinical market in areas such as reproductive health and oncology. The expanding Illumina oncology portfolio of next- generation sequencing NGS and microarray technologies is revolutionizing cancer genomics research. Our customers include a broad range of academic, government, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and other leading institutions around the globe.
lllumina has experienced phenomenal growth from $10 million in revenues in 2002 to over $2.4 billion in 2016. Forbes named Illumina #1 on the 2009 list of 25 Fastest-Growing Technology Companies in the United States, the second time over a three year period that Forbes ranked Illumina #1 on its list of rapidly growing technology companies. Illumina was also named #1 smartest company in the world as part of MIT’s 2014 Technology Review. As of April 2017, the company had a $25 billion market capitalization.