All About Us
Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. We are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives.
We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Our revenue grew from $10 million in 2002 to approximately $2.2 billion in 2015. Our growth isn’t just revenue, we’ve been hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its World’s Smartest Companies list three years running, including #1 in 2014. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you – imagine the possibilities.
Illumina is seeking a Sr. Project Manager to drive project execution across a portfolio of projects in Operations Engineering. Projects are focused on the continued advancement of manufacturing technology improving capability, innovation and quality. Candidates will benefit from a strong understanding of process manufacturing processes, as well as the capabilities of MES and LIMS and how they work with ERP, PLM and various process control software and production floor equipment. Candidates must understand the value of technology in Manufacturing to improve process control, workflow enforcement, error proofing, efficiency, scale and compliance. The successful candidate must be able to work independently, handle multiple projects in parallel, and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
All About You
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Assist in obtaining, clarifying and aligning requirements and developing project plans.
- Manage cross-functional resources, project timelines and project budgets required to successfully drive projects and initiatives.
- Interact and drive project efforts across cross-functional teams including: Research & Development (R&D), Manufacturing, Life Cycle Management (LCM), Information Technology (IT), Quality and Regulatory Affairs.
- Set priorities, develop work breakdown structure and monitor progress towards project goals.
- Track details and activities across projects to ensure alignment with long term business objectives.
- Present projects and program level plans and lead progress updates with senior management and other affected staff at regular intervals to ensure awareness of progress against commitments.
- Identify root cause, manage and resolve issues when possible or escalate risks/problem situations to ensure projects remain on schedule and on budget.
Education & Experience:
- B.S./M.S preferred but related technical certification and experience considered.
- At least 5 years of experience in project management is preferred. PMP certificate a plus.
- 2 or more years of experience working with R&D, Mfg., Supply Chain, LCM, IT and Quality.
- Demonstrated ability to accomplish goals while working across departments.
- Experience working in regulated environments - ISO and GMP
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to enable effective communication and influencing of team members, peers, senior business and corporate leaders.
- Ability to influence cross functional resources and leverage resources in a heavily matrixed environment.
- Proven ability to identify key issues, motivate and empower others to address them in a way which builds morale, generates ownership and commitment.
- Track record of strong organizational skills along with a high degree of detail orientation to ensure quality work product
- Self-starter with strong problem-solving, quantitative and qualitative analytical skills and a track record of high performance and superior delivery.
- Possess leadership, time management and decision-making skills
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office (Project, Excel, Outlook, Power Point).
- Experience with MES, ERP and PLM systems a plus.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.