To understand disease and develop effective treatments, we need a comprehensive picture of all the cellular components and the circuits in which they function. The Broad Institute's Klarman Cell Observatory is a pilot effort to systematically define cellular circuits in cell types that play critical roles in cancer, psychiatric disease, and immune disease. It builds on breakthrough technologies and collaborations across scientific disciplines.
The Klarman Cell Observatory is looking for a Project Coordinator to join our dynamic research team. The successful candidate will work with the Associate Director of the Klarman Cell Observatory to manage various multidisciplinary projects. They will facilitate the progress of projects, and generate reports, agendas, and meeting summaries. Moreover, they will help implement strategies for effective project functioning, including integration of experimental work plans with budgetary and logistical considerations, management of samples and reagents, and interactions with Broad Platforms.
- Works closely with Associate Director, Lab Operations Manager, and Senior Project Coordinator to coordinate scientific projects at the Klarman Cell Observatory
- Participates in project meetings, create and distribute meeting agendas, coordinates data presentation, document project goals, deliverables, and timelines, take meeting notes, and distribute action items following meetings
- Coordinates project activities across collaborating groups to ensure execution of project plans by maintaining timelines, monitoring project progress and preparing and communicating project status reports, issues and statistics
- Helps ensure that projects and activities adhere to institutional guidelines with regards to safety and regulatory compliance.
- Helps manage aspects of the projects including coordination of receiving and transfer of biological materials, monitoring production process, data review and data delivery to Observatory staff and collaborators as appropriate
- Assists in the preparation of funding applications and proposals to the US government, private foundations and philanthropic sources. Responsibilities to include help with preparing budgets and administrative documentation
- Assists in the planning and coordination of Observatory events, such as symposia, retreats, scientific advisory board meetings, project meetings, and team-building activities
- Bachelor’s degree in biology or related field. 2+ years of related experience required. Experience in project coordination preferred
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with all levels of trainees, staff and collaborators required
- Excellent computer skills required (e.g. Google Apps, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project Management tools)
- Excellent organization and time management skills required
- Must be able to handle a variety of tasks as well as to effectively solve problems
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing work environment and respond to shifting priorities
- Must possess a high level of initiative
The Broad Institute will not offer visa sponsorship for this opportunity.