At Affymetrix, we are passionate about enabling our customers, scientists, and clinicians to improve human health and wellness by understanding and applying biology for a better world. Our employees bring talent, creativity, collaboration, and energy to what they do. Join us at Affymetrix and make a difference.
The Expression Product Marketing Manager will be responsible for executing strategic product management and product life cycle responsibilities associated with new and in-market custom and catalogue gene expression microarrays, reagents and instruments in the agrigenomics, model organism and applied research markets. The product manager will build business cases and represent strategic marketing in core teams responsible for new product introductions, communicate user requirements and launch forecasts while assuming global responsibility for launch activities and regional readiness. The product manager will also develop and manage the expression custom array program interacting with customers, acting as the technical and commercial expert on custom designs. The product manager will interact cross functionally with customers, members from commercial sales and support, regional marketing, marketing communications, R&D and design teams and will be the central point of business accountability for product management and business activities pertaining to the expression portfolio in the aforementioned markets. The product manager will also interact closely with other gene expression microarray product managers and product managers from other Business Units who manage complementary products in related markets. The successful individual must have a good understanding of the customer's research applications, have a successful track record of product management and marketing, proficiency in project management of a wide variety of projects; as well as a strong technical background coupled with excellent interpersonal and communication skills. The successful candidate will be flexible and thrive in a team environment as well as show initiative and execute tasks of their own accord.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The primary responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Customer and project management for custom expression array designs and hold full accountability for the expression array custom program
- Full management of the agrigemomics, model organism and applied research expression array product portfolio
- Provides sales support and training to commercial sales organization and field application specialists.
- Give customer presentations and provides support to field staff to identify and progress new opportunities.
- Interacts with internal stakeholders including product development, R&D, support and product management to lead new product introductions and product line extensions.
- Works collaboratively with the regional and marketing communications team to plan lead generation campaigns and marketing materials, to drive adoption and exceed revenue goals for agrigenomics, model organism, applied research and custom array program product portfolio.
- Partners with commercial operations team to ensure successful commercialization of new products.
- Participates in process and operation improvement opportunities
- Analyzes competitive activities to define positioning and key differentiators.
- Acts as the internal expert for the product-line, analyzes market trends and opportunities, and customer needs.
- Complies with company quality management systems, policies and procedures
- Additional duties/responsibilities according to business needs