When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
How will you make an impact?
A passionate Senior Product Manager who will lead the business for Real-Time PCR Systems and drive development of new platforms. Sr. Product Manager will serve as product champion and be responsible for product introduction, training, support, and life cycle management. This person will develop business cases and own all product management responsibilities for a growing portfolio of products and services. This role will be responsible for development of product definition, positioning, pricing and product lifecycle management. Responsibilities include developing market research, leading product management function in managing inventory, pricing, customer communications, support, and revenue forecasts.
What will you do?
- Develop multi-year product line vision and strategy
- Drive market research and VOC (Voice of Customer) activities
- Serve as product champion internally, with the field, and with customers.
- Lead new product introductions through a phase-gate Product Commercialization Process and develop business deliverables, including business plans and product roadmaps.
- Guide cross-functional team: R&D, program management, manufacturing, product demand planning, forecasting, pricing, service, quality and regulatory, finance, and regional marketing.
- Identifying, establishing and managing strategic partnerships, including relationships with customers, suppliers and industry opinion leaders.
- Provide ongoing product sales training and customer support.
- The selected candidate will partner closely with the other Product Managers and Technical Marketing Specialists to ensure system synergies and optimal customer experiences.
- Domestic and international travel 30% of the time
How will you get here?
- Bachelor's Degree (B.S./B.A.) in a engineering or scientific discipline (molecular biology, genetics, bioengineering, or biochemistry preferred) required
- MBA with work experience in the biotechnology industry preferred.
- 5+ years of related experience in product management and/or strategic marketing.
- Product launch and promotional experience.
- Experience managing a complex product line, including pricing, forecasting and supply/demand responsibility.
- User-Centered Design experience preferred.
- Work experience with diagnostic products and real-time PCR applications preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.