At Illumina, we apply innovative technologies for studying genetic variation and function, making studies possible that were not even imaginable just a few years ago. These revolutionary tools for DNA, RNA, and protein analysis are enabling rapid advances in disease research, drug development, and the development of molecular tests in the clinic.
We are seeking a Sr. Product Manager Product Manager who will manage all aspects of the product life cycle for new clinical oncology products.
Why is one person more likely to develop a disease, like cancer, than someone else? Why would one person respond differently to treatment than another? Illumina’s technologies are helping researchers and clinicians around the world answer these questions and others, on a scale not even possible a few years ago.
Illumina is the only life sciences company developing genome-wide technologies for genotyping, gene expression and sequencing—the three cornerstones of modern genetic analysis. By enabling studies of thousands of patient samples at once, our products set genetic discovery on fast forward. And we’re just getting started.
Illumina is applying its innovative technologies to the study of cancer, and we are seeking a talented Sr Product Manager for our targeted sequencing methods, on a regulatory path, targeted for 3rd party product and service development. The Sr Product Manager will manage all aspects of the product lifecycle, including existing on-market products and the development of new products to meet both customer and business needs.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
· Drive adoption of products into the oncology testing market leveraging flexible sequencing and library prep solutions to achieve strategic and revenue goals through: sales enablement tools, sales collateral, key events and conferences, collaborations and marketing studies, among other tactics
· Leverage deep understanding of the oncology market, including competitive analysis, market trends, segmentation, customer needs, and market barriers to effectively define solutions for and market to 3rd party assay developers and service providers
· Identify and prioritize claims development and regulatory clearance/approvals globally for winning IVD tracked library preparation solutions
· Coordinate across matrixed environment to serve clients leveraging customer solutions
· Identify and scope new products based on market assessment and voice of customer
· Plan and lead team to execute new product introductions
· Create business cases to demonstrate rationale for new product development, including related financial analyses
· Work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders to sustain existing products and develop new products
· Manage all aspects of the product lifecycle
· Analyze and manage customer satisfaction, profitability, forecasting and gross margin for assigned products and services to achieve business objectives
· Work with internal and external collaborators to fill product or workflow gaps, creating seamless solutions for target customers
· Partner closely with commercial counterparts, including Product Management, Market Development, Regional Marketing, Sales, and Corporate Marketing to achieve objectives
- Perform other duties as assigned
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in life sciences
- 5+ years product management and marketing experience in the oncology clinical in-vitro diagnostics (IVD) field
- Experience marketing molecular testing to oncologists and pathologists
- Strong ability to communicate technical content to layperson
- Ability to effectively present information to top management and the scientific community
- Ability to serve as product marketing lead in multifunctional teams requiring strong communication, organizational skills, planning, and a demonstrated ability lead by influence
- Able to travel approximately 20% on average with seasonal variance
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Advanced degree in genetics, molecular genetics, molecular biology or MBA or business degree with significant market experience
- Experience in global regulated markets
- Experience with companion diagnostics
- Experience with the needs of pharmaceutical developers and the pharma lifecycle
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.
Illumina is improving human health by unlocking the power of the genome. Our focus on innovation has established us as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies, serving customers in the research, clinical and applied markets. Our products are used for applications in the life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging segments. To learn more, visit www.illumina.com and follow @illumina.
We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Our revenue grew from $10 million in 2002 to approximately $2.4 billion in 2016. Our growth isn’t just revenue, we’ve been hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its “World’s Smartest Companies” list each of the last three years. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you – imagine the possibilities.