Why is one person more likely to develop a disease, like cancer, than someone else? Why would one person respond differently to treatment than another? Illumina’s technologies are helping researchers and clinicians around the world answer these questions and others, on a scale not even possible a few years ago.
Illumina is the only life sciences company developing genome-wide technologies for genotyping, gene expression and sequencing—the three cornerstones of modern genetic analysis. By enabling studies of thousands of patient samples at once, our products set genetic discovery on fast forward. And we’re just getting started.
Illumina is applying its innovative technologies to the study of cancer, and we are seeking a talented Product Manager for our hematology portfolio of products. The Product Manager will manage all aspects of the product lifecycle, including existing on-market products and the development of new products to meet both customer and business needs.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Drive adoption of products into the hematology market to achieve strategic and revenue goals through: sales enablement tools, sales collateral, key events and conferences, and marketing studies, among other tactics
- Identify and scope new products based on market assessment and voice of customer
- Create business cases to demonstrate rationale for new product development, including related financial analyses
- Work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders to sustain existing products and develop new products
- Develop a deep understanding of the hematology market, including competitive analysis, market trends, customer needs, and market barriers
- Manage all aspects of the product lifecycle
- Work with internal and external collaborators to fill product or workflow gaps, creating seamless solutions for laboratory customers
- Partner closely with commercial counterparts, including Product Management, Market Development, Regional Marketing, Sales, and Corporate Marketing
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in life sciences or a related field is required; advanced degree and/or MBA is preferred
- 5 - 7 years’ work experience in product management, marketing or a related function
- Work experience should be primarily in one or more of the following areas: biotechnology, life sciences, diagnostics, or pharmaceuticals
- Preference for candidates with experience in the oncology market specifically
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to communicate technical topics to both laypeople and the scientific community
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a collaborative work environment, where interacting effectively with peers, functional managers and senior leadership will drive success
- Ability to think critically and strategically about products
- Highly effective organizational skills and planning ability
- Willing to travel approximately 20% of time
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.
Illumina is improving human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. Having built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, we’ve established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. We are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives.
We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Our revenue grew from $10 million in 2002 to approximately $2.2 billion in 2015. Our growth isn’t just revenue; we’ve been hiring the best and the brightest. That’s why MIT ranked Illumina near the top of its World’s Smartest Companies list three years running, including #1 in 2014. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you – imagine the possibilities.