- Manage the assigned product portfolio and the overall product life cycle including new product development
- Define the qPCR Custom and Services business strategy based on customer needs, market research and business unit goals
- Understand and elucidate internal and external customer requirements and then translate those to product and service requirements
- Work cross-functionally to ensure that revenue, margin, customer satisfaction, and growth goals are achieved
- Guide worldwide service and custom product pricing and demand generation strategies
- Contribute to fiscal planning and budgeting for future positioning, growth and evolution of the custom products and services portfolio.
- Provide ongoing custom product and services sales training and support.
- Work as part of a dynamic team of R&D, program management, marketing, technical, and business development professionals to execute our common mission
- Serve as a key liaison between internal customers (Licensing and Commercial Supply, Sales, R&D, Marketing, Manufacturing, etc) and external customers (end users, suppliers, etc).
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree (B.S./B.A.) in a scientific discipline (molecular biology, genetics or biochemistry preferred).
- At least five years of relevant experience in product management and/or program management.
- Proficient in understanding, analyzing and summarizing comprehensive and complex technical, financial, market and research information/data.
- Experience working on project teams
- Experience managing a custom product or service business
- Strong communication skills
- Is customer-centric and keenly aware of markets, trends and competitors
- Greets challenge and change as opportunity
- Inspires, motivates and collaborates with others
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time
- MBA a plus but not required.
- Experience responding to government RFP’s and negotiating contracts