Agilent's Genomics marketing group is searching for a Senior Global Product Manager to join the NGS (Next Generation Sequencing) marketing team. The team is collaborative, energetic, and agile to meet the needs of the rapidly evolving NGS market. The team brings differentiated, cutting edge NGS products and workflows into clinical genomics and molecular diagnostics.
The Sr. Product Manager will manage reagent products, protocols, and applications development for automation systems primarily for NGS. The automatable portfolio spans shearing/purification methods, and library prep products on Agilent's industry-leading SureSelect platform. The Product Manager will be a champion to drive innovations for laboratory workflow efficiency with a focus on clinical applications for NGS and beyond.
The primary job responsibilities include:
- Help develop the short and long term roadmaps for automating the Next Generation Sequencing portfolio or other genomics applications
- Collaborate with customers and key opinion leaders to generate proof of concept data and penetrate key application areas
- Conduct market and competitive analysis to define trends, strategically evaluate new market opportunities, and work with others in the marketing team to identify products that can enhance customer workflows
- Define pricing strategy, product messaging, positioning and configuration to ensure the best possible performance while balancing business goals for current and future products using market research and feedback from customers
- Lead product development life cycles as the marketing voice: building business cases, collecting VOC, writing product requirements, developing go-to-market plans, and launching products
- Work closely with regional field marketing and sales team as the product champion, conducting regional trainings, visiting key accounts, presenting at trade shows, and developing initiatives to grow business
- Work with global program managers to develop programs and customer-focused collateral for the products
- Partner with cross-functional leaders from other Agilent groups including marketing from other business units, engineering, application development, manufacturing, and sales to achieve business objectives