Sr. Product Manager
Bina has been acquired by Roche Sequencing. We are very excited about the challenge of working not just on one set of next-gen sequencing challenges, but working across the whole life cycle.
Here's what we're all about: From Code to Cure
As a member of a Roche Sequencing's multidisciplinary product team, you will be responsible for crafting the future of our products, and leading an incredibly talented team of PMs.
We are rethinking the way that scientists, doctors and biotech companies interact with and analyze massive amounts of genomic data. We are solving some of the world's toughest problems in data visualization, workflow management, research collaboration and bioinformatics. The products you design will be used by researchers who are studying the human genome to develop better treatments for cancer and other diseases.
Our product management team takes a user-centric and data-driven approach to solving customer problems. As part of that team you'll have the opportunity to shape the software products we deliver, by working with a range of external and internal stakeholders to define a roadmap and prioritize features. You'll work side-by-side with some of the best engineers, product managers, and designers in the field who are boldly solving unaddressed, and sometimes unexpressed problems and making a real impact.
How you will spend your time:
- Own and prioritize a feature backlog to align with the overall strategic roadmap
- Document product requirements for engineers in the form of user stories, acceptance criteria and UI sketches
- Champion a user-centric approach to product design and definition
- Think critically about technical solutions and engage the engineering team in tough conversations about prioritization and tradeoffs
- Work closely with UI/UX designers and inspire them to deliver best-in-class experiences across the entire product suite
- Provide input to the strategic roadmap by getting smart about the market through customer interaction and competitive analysis
- Build consensus for the product strategy and roadmap across a range of stakeholders and functional teams in the organization
- Provide product leadership and rally an Agile development team to ship high quality products
- Support product marketing initiatives by providing deep product expertise
Experience and skills you will need:
- 4 - 8+ years of product management experience
- Ability to prioritize software features and manage a backlog to deliver on a strategic roadmap
- Direct experience as a product owner on an Agile team, with accountability for authoring user stories and acceptance criteria
- Recent experience leading 4+ PM direct reports
- Experience designing and conducting customer interviews and other user-centric research programs
- Familiarity with data-driven approaches to setting and measuring product success criteria
- Excellent communications skills and the ability to interact with a wide range of stakeholders with varying degrees of technical knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or other technical field, or equivalent experience
We code to cure! Bina Technologies is now part of Roche Sequencing, and together we are using our passion for improving lives by accelerating the science of personalized medicine. We are changing science and changing lives. In our team, you will find Life Science meets Computer Science. Being part of the Roche Sequencing team will take us beyond working on just one product in the genomic sequencing lifecycle, unleashing us to work across the spectrum. Same great dedication and determination to build the software and systems to empower better diagnostics, but with a lot more horsepower and industry recognition. Read on, for more reasons to consider joining our mission to #Code2Cure
The science of interpreting the human genome is an exciting work in progress. Next-generation sequencing and genomic technologies are providing us with unprecedented visibility into the origins of health and disease. However, the main challenge is enabling the analysis and management of massive datasets being produced by scientists and researchers around the world.
- Genomic industry data is doubling every seven months. – 2X as fast as Moore's law for transistor density.
- Over 3 years, a full operating sequencing cluster generates over 6 petabytes of data. That's six hundred times larger than the data generated over 3 years on YouTube.
- We're talking about exabytes (1018) of raw, unprocessed, sequence data in a few years.
- From a tech-perspective, the genomics world is really behind computer science, but it means we have this opportunity to leap years ahead – not just make incremental changes.
We are dedicated to tackling this challenge every day. We know the ability to analyze and manage these datasets will revolutionize how we diagnose disease, develop drugs, and treat patients, especially in complex cases such as cancer.
Watch our code2cure meetup presentation and slide deck here
With a strong interdisciplinary knowledge in science and technology, we are elevating the speed and quality of genomic analysis, bringing us one step closer to solutions that will change and save lives.
Headquartered in Redwood City, California, Bina Technologies was recently acquired by Hoffmann-La Roche and now is part of Roche Sequencing.
Why work with us?
Because you want to make your mark in this world, are relentless in the pursuit of excellence and you are ready to code to cure.
Culture – What's important to us, and ideally to you:
- People First: Create an environment of trust and respect.
- Own It: Take accountability to drive quality results.
- Speak Up: Actively speak up, listen, and encourage open dialogue.
- Innovate Now: Seek new ideas and embrace our diverse strengths.
- Succeed as One: Actively collaborate to achieve our common goal.
Roche Sequencing is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.
Outside Recruiters: Please do not contact Roche Sequencing employees with unsolicited resumes. Any resume sent by an outside agency without an explicit signed Bina generated agency agreement in place will be considered unsolicited and will not be eligible for payment.