Job Title: Sr Process Engineer
Reports To: Director, Library Operations
Department: CGI Clinical Lab
Location: Mountain View, CA transitioning to San Jose, CA
We are looking for a motivated process engineer to join the Complete Genomics team in supporting the latest generation of our proprietary DNA sequencing platform.
The successful candidate will develop and transfer to production the processes, equipment and infrastructure required for the large scale sequencing of whole human genomes and exomes on our proprietary next generation platform. After new processes are established, the candidate will provide sustaining support for continuous improvement of our clinical sequencing service.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- In collaboration with Biochemistry, Hardware, Automation Development and Operations, create operational processes to establish and scale a clinical sequencing pipeline in our new San Jose facility.
- Work with Biochemistry, Product Management and Hardware teams to understand critical product capabilities. Create detailed process flow diagrams and work with Supply Chain and Automation Development to identify and source required equipment.
- Setup infrastructure in ERP and MES systems (Part Numbers, Bills of Material, workflows etc.) to support the sequencing service business. Write SOP’s and specification documents as required.
- Design and execute test plans for the qualification of new processes. Conduct process FMEA’s.
- Provide ongoing support of DNA Sequencing Operations with troubleshooting/root cause analysis and implementation of continuous improvement
- Work on cross-functional teams consisting of Operations, R&D, QA and others. Effectively communicate experimental plans and results.
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.