Pacific Biosciences is seeking a talented, driven and experienced individual to join the SMRT cell packaging design and process development activities. The candidate needs to have a passion for Pacific Biosciences technology and mission. His/her central focus will be assist in the qualification of novel packaging processes for next generation consumable development. The candidate will be required to technically lead and/or participate in complex packaging development projects ranging from small development studies, yield improvement to a full product release. The candidate must have an appetite for solving complex problems requiring evaluation of intangible factors and must be very comfortable in a multi-disciplinary environment. In addition, they will also be expected to handle development projects and relationships with external back-end suppliers.
• Develop packaging unit processes such as wafer-wafer bonding, CMP, grind, dicing, cap wafer production, TSV, injection molding, micro-machining etc.
• Execute test plans on package sub-components and full assemblies to determine design and process window. Determine the best approach for failure analysis and analyze experimentation data to make design recommendations.
• Work in multiple cross-functional projects with instrumentation, optics and manufacturing teams to achieve the right set of specifications for the SMRT cell package while optimizing for product performance.
• Manage projects at back-end supplier team on joint development projects for new technology bring-up.
• Develop solutions and execute to a technical plan to achieve yield improvements and COGS targets for the integrated process flow.