All About Us
Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. We are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives.
We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Our revenue grew from $10 million in 2002 to approximately $2.2 billion in 2015. Our growth isn’t just revenue, we’ve been hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its World’s Smartest Companies list three years running, including #1 in 2014. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you – imagine the possibilities.
- Experience with emphasis on equipment and process development applicable to plastics manufacturing
- Working knowledge of quality system as applied to new product development and manufacturing including: SPC, design of experiments and statistical analysis
- Experience in contributing to manufacturing development programs with internal engineering groups and external technology development partners
- Motivated, self-starter with strong data driven, process orientated approach to area of focus
- Excellent written, oral communication and cross functional collaboration skills to make sound engineering decisions based available data and experience.
- Prior pilot operation & process development experience desirable with focus on plastics assembly, injection molding, blow molding.
- Experience in developing test methods in collaboration with cross functional teams to ensure manufacturing related defects are detected prior to product shipment.
- Ability for International business travel to support project implementation and collaborate with external vendors for product manufacturing
- Demonstrated failure mode analysis, root cause investigation, and problem solving for product yield and quality issue.
- Understanding of manufacturing, and transition from development to mass production
- B.S. or M.S. in Mechanical/Manufacturing engineering or equivalent experience indicating exceptional ability.
- 7+ years’ experience in working developing processes for high volume products
- Experience in a medical device or biotechnology industry. Experience in a FDA regulated industry, preferably a medical device is a plus.
- Proven successful project management leadership skills
- Experience with plastics parts manufacturing including injection molding, joining/bonding methods.
- Experience in building manufacturing solutions for high volume low cost assemblies
- Working experience in highly collaborative cross-functional disciplinary environment
- Experience in managing relationships with outsourced contract manufacturers
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.